Accredited under Salish Kootenai College
  • Are you accredited?

  • Absolutely! Spokane Tribal College is accredited under Salish Kootenai College which is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.

  • Are STC/SKC credits fully transferable?

  • Students who expects to transfer credits to any other institution of higher learning will be expected to meet the program requirements in effect at the institution to which the student transfers. Credits accepted for transfer into another institution are determined solely by that other institution. A student who plans to transfer to another college or university should:

       1. Meet with a transcript evaluator at the institution; and
       2. Maintain an SKC/STC catalog and all course syllabi for all coursework in case the transcript        evaluator at the other institution needs further detail of SKC/STC courses.

  • Can only Native Americans attend STC?

  • STC is open to non-tribal students, including foreign students.

  • When and where are classes offered?

  • Classes are offered quarterly; Fall, Winter and Spring at the Wellpinit campus and broadcasted to the Spokane and Usk Classrooms.

  • Does STC have a library?

  • Absolutely! STC has a library with over 3000 books including reference books, periodicals and videos; plus the library has computers which can be used for research. The library is located at the Wellpinit Campus.

  • Are tutoring services available?

  • Yes, please contact STC to set up an appointment.

  • Does STC offer placement testing?

  • Yes, however, there are a variety of placement tests available. STC uses the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) placement test. Please contact STC for more information or to set up an appointment.

  • Are campus or classroom tours available?

  • Yes, please contact STC to set up an appointment.

  • Do non-Montana residents have to pay out-of-state tuition?

  • Washington residents pay Montana resident tuition (call for additional information).

  • Does STC provide daycare?

  • STC does not have an onsite daycare; however, various daycare services are available in Wellpinit and Spokane.

  • Does STC provide financial aid?

  • Financial aid is available to eligible students through the SKC Office of Student Financial Aid in the form of grants, and scholarships.

  • Does STC have residence halls (dorms) for students?

  • Unfortunately, not at this time.

    Spokane Tribal College  ©2011  All Rights Reserved